Long Point Basin Land Trust Rules
These Rules and Regulations are final on all matters relating to Long Point Basin Land Trust’s Photo Contest (the “Contest”). By applying, all entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations.
The sponsor (“Contest Sponsor”) of the Contest is Long Point Basin Land Trust (Port Rowan, Ontario).
To be eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize, you must not be an employee or Director of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee or Director of the Long Point Basin Land Trust (LPBLT). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest or to win a prize. All photographs entered in the Contest must be taken on LPBLT properties and be of something to do with nature. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the Contest Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
Personal information collected by the Contest Sponsor will not be used or given to any third parties. It will only be used to contact Entrants in the case of winning the Contest. The Contest Sponsor respects the privacy of everyone who enters the contest.
This contest is going to be strictly an ONLINE CONTEST. This means that Entrants can submit their photographs electronically through any ONE of these means:
• Facebook – Entrants must like our page (www.facebook.com/lpblt) first and then tag LPBLT in their photo and title it with a brief description of the photo and which of the 5 LPBLT properties the photograph was taken and use the #ExploringLPBLT in the title.
• Twitter- Entrants must follow our account (www.twitter.com/lpblt) and tag LPBLT using the handle @lpblt and #ExploringLPBLT, Also say which of the 5 properties their photo was taken and a brief description.
• If Entrants do not have one or any of these forms of Social Media, they can email their photo submissions along with their contact information (full name, where the photo was taken, and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the LPBLT will post the photo on the Entrants behalf.
Photographs cannot be entered twice. Secondary entries will be deleted. Content alteration of digital files is not acceptable; cropping of photos is permitted, tonal or colour corrections are acceptable, including black and white conversion.
By submitting a photo to the contest, the entrant hereby grants the Long Point Basin Land Trust the right to use photos submitted to the contest. Long Point Basin Land Trust will have rights to use images digitally to (a) promote the Long Point Basin Land Trust and our subsequent properties; and (b) promote Long Point Basin Land Trust via Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets. By submitting a photo to the contest, the entrant also hereby grants to Long Point Basin Land Trust the right to publish the photo submission in our e-newsletter and printed newsletter. Long Point Basin Land Trust reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in its material during or after the Contest without further compensation to the entrants. For Long Point Basin Land Trust, promotional material shall include without limitation any print or electronic advertising or marketing material such as posters, online images, newspaper ads, television ads, e-mails and social media content.
Contest opens August 1, 2016 and closes at midnight ET on October 31, 2016. All photographic entries must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. ET on October, 2016.
Entries submitted through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable or mechanically reproduced may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor and/or the judging panel (referenced below).
All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for entries lost, late, misdirected, illegible or delayed for any reason.
The winning photograph will be selected through a variety of different methods.
• Photographs entered through Facebook will be tallied by how many SHARES and LIKES each submission has. Entrants who use this method of submission can share the original post on the LPBLT Facebook page and encourage their friends and family to share the original photo as well to gain online votes.
• Photographs entered through Twitter will be tallied by how many RETWEETS and LIKES each submission has. Entrants who use this method of submission can Retweet the original post on the LPBLT Twitter account and encourage their friends and family to retweet the original post to gain online votes.
A panel of LPBLT members:
• Once the photos have all been tallied, a panel of LPBLT judges will make a decision on the photo that has the most tallies.
All decisions of the judging panel are final.
As soon as the contest is open for photo entries, voting may commence. The voting will close October 31, 2016 at 11:59pm. People may vote for more than one photo.
Chances of Winning
The more Likes, Shares, and Retweets your original photo post has, the higher the chance of winning.
Successful candidates of the Contest are eligible to receive a small prize of LPBLT publications, their photo will be posted on our website, social media pages and published newsletters with photo credit to the original photographer, and bragging rights to all their friends and family.