Long Point Basin Land Trust’s June 2022 Photo Contest!
Long Point Basin Land Trust wants to see your photos of our nature reserves! For the month of June, we will be running a photo contest, in which you can enter to WIN! Prizes include LPBLT swag, a signed copy of a book, and to have your photo featured on our social media as well as a special feature in our ViewPoint newsletter. More details are below.
There are two photo categories:
1. Wonderful Wildlife (photos of flora and/or fauna)
2. Spectacular Scenery (scenery/landscape photos)
Contest Dates and Deadlines:
The LPBLT photo contest begins June 1st, 2022 at 12:00 p.m., and closes June 30th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. All submissions must be sent within this time frame to be considered.
The contest winners and runner-ups will be selected by Leanne Gauthier-Helmer, and announced on July 29th by 5:00 p.m. Winners will be notified by phone call or email prior to the announcement.
On June 15th, 2022, for Nature Photography Day, we will feature a selection of the submitted photos on our social media.
One winner and two runner-ups will be selected from each category, “Spectacular Scenery” and, “Wonderful Wildlife”.
- Wonderful Wildlife winner (1): LPBLT swag, a signed copy of “100 Easy-To-Grow Native Plants for Canadian Gardens” by Lorraine Johnson, and your photo featured on LPBLT social media and in the fall/winter 2022 ViewPoint newsletter.
- Spectacular Scenery winner (1): LPBLT swag, a signed copy of “Beyond The Trees” by Adam Shoalts, and your photo featured on LPBLT social media and in the fall/winter 2022 ViewPoint newsletter.
- Wonderful Wildlife runner-ups (2): LPBLT swag, and your photo featured on LPBLT social media.
- Spectacular Scenery runner-ups (2): LPBLT swag, and your photo featured on LPBLT social media.
- Photos must be taken on or of LPBLT nature reserves
- All submitted photos must include the LPBLT nature reserve where the photo was taken
- All photographs must be from 2022
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 10 photos per category
- All photographs must be submitted digitally in png, jpeg, or pdf formats
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “LPBLT Photo Contest” as the subject
- All of these guidelines must be followed to be eligible for the contest
- By entering the contest, you consent to LPBLT using any material submitted for promotional purposes
- Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
By entering photos for this challenge, participants accept and agree to these Contest Rules and the decisions regarding any aspect of the contest, which shall be final and binding in all respects and release, discharge, and hold harmless, Long Point Basin Land Trust, its Directors and Staff, and the contest judges, from any liability, claims or damages arising out of their participation in the contest and the acceptance of any prize.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash. LPBLT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any or all of the prizes for prizes of equal or greater value.
Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received. The contest is void where prohibited by law. LPBLT reserves the right to disqualify a person if they enter this contest or try to do so by any means contrary to these Rules.
LPBLT reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify the rules or administration of or suspend this contest in whole or in part without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including if for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, or computer virus, tampering, fraud, or corruption of security or proper administration of the contest or other causes beyond the control of LPBLT. In such an event, a winner may be selected by the Judge from among all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination, or suspension.